Many ardent Apple users who would swear by exclusive Apple products don’t hesitate to look for alternatives when it comes to the Apple Mouse. The reason being simple Apple mouse is not just pricey, it does not function as well as it should. From being not smooth enough for longer duration use to the distracting under the mouse lighting port.
If you are considering an Apple mouse alternative, here is a list of mouse that you can explore.
1. Logitech MX Anywhere 2S Wireless Mouse – For the right-handed users this mouse is a blessing. It has amazing grip settings, actually three from which you can choose from. If you are into UX design then spending hours with this mouse will be as comfortable as possible. It goes very easy on the wrist as well. The battery life is very good, lasts at least 70 days depending on usage. Being a wireless mouse setting it up with your Macbook, won’t be much of a hassle through the Bluetooth option. Only problem being not good enough for the left hand user.
2. VicTsing MM057 – There are two striking things about this mouse. Firstly, the unbelievable battery life it offers, almost 15 months. Of course it depends on your usage. It actually runs on a single AA battery. The second great thing about this mouse is that it is unbelievably cheap. This is also mainly for right handed people. It is a plug and play so connecting it is no big deal. It has a very impressive design and fits your hand quite snugly. However if you have bigger hands or are left-handed, you should try some other mouse out. There are six buttons on the mouse, out of which three are programmable to customize according to your need.
3. AmazonBasics wireless mouse with nano receiver – This is a very affordable option and comes from the house of Amazon. Given the price. The mouse delivers beyond expectation. You can connect it to your Mac through the USB connection. The battery life is good enough, almost it would last up to 3 months. It runs on AAA battery. There is a wheel to scroll and is quite smooth running. It is good for vertical movements. The left and right are quite well-defined. It works very well on any reasonable surface.
4. TeckNet Pro 2.4G Ergonomic Wireless – To start with, this mouse is available at a surprisingly affordable price. The scroll wheel offers amazing flexibility and navigating with the wheel is effortless. the wheel has a rubbery feel that doesn’t let you slip even if you get sweaty. The mouse runs smoothly on most surfaces. To adjust the mouse speed you can click the button and choose. The USB receiver can be stored within the mouse which is a great save for many people who might loose it otherwise. It supports 2.4GHz Wireless connectivity.
5. Jelly Comb 2.4G Slim Wireless Mouse – It is one of the most sensitive mouse that is available. Being extremely affordable, the service it delivers is exceptional. Not just your macbook, it offers universal connection. Through the USB, it can be plugged in and will play. It also works on any surface and you are not required to have a mouse pad as well. Even though it has a ball, it only supports vertical movements. Good finishing and great functionality.
6. P Wireless Optical Touch Magic Mouse -There are too many reasons to absolutely love this mouse. To begin with, it comes at a very cheap price. The look of the mouse is extremely well-designed not just aesthetically but also functionally. This plug and play offers up to 10 meter working range. It has a receiving sensitivity of -98DB, while the output power is 0DB. The mouse is light-weight and the touch of the wheel is quite comfortable. Works fantastically for specially right-handed people.
7. CHYI wireless mouse – looks amazing. Has got good battery life. Runs on one AAA battery. It works well on almost all surfaces and does not require you to invest in a mouse pad. There is a place to store your dongle if you are not using this plug and play mouse. The mouse fits amazingly and offers great grip. The scroll is very effortless and has no bumps. All of these for this price is simply great.
8. SOVAWIN Ergonomic USB Wireless Slim Mouse – The mouse looks great. It being ultra-thin is super light. It is very easy to maneuver it according to need. the wireless mouse has a good coverage of a range between 2405MHz to 2475MHz. Good battery life and a battery status indicator is also present. It is a plug and play device. It also allows power saving. The scrolling is effortless.
9. Cliry Bluetooth 4.0 + Wireless Dual Mode – One of the best mouse available in the market. The price is very much affordable. This is a good-looking mouse. There is an option to silence the mouse as well. Depending on usage the battery would last for a month or two on a single charge of about 3 to 4 hours. Great with mac books, specially macOS 10.10 above. It offers great grip thanks to its ergonomic design. The wheel offers great navigation. Clear demarcation of right and left wheel. It has dual mode. It is both wireless and Bluetooth supportive. Easy to switch between Bluetooth and wireless mode.
10. RV7 Bluetooth 3.0 10M Wireless Mouse – Though the cheapest option on the list, this mouse is no less in functionality. Not only does it look stylish and works well, it offers great scrolling option. Pairing with mac must be done following instructions on manual, once the pairing is done, it works great. The finishing is fine to touch. It offers good battery life.
Though Apple calls its mouse the magic mouse, it does have serious shortcomings. Apart from its formidable price, the usability of the mouse is not very comfortable for people who have longer mouse needs. Exploring any mouse from the above list, gives you an option to invest on an affordable version without compromising much on functionality.