If you lived in a world where smartphones are what drives our daily lives, you know that this phone has the capabilities to do almost anything you need. You can do a variety of things from scrolling social media to reading emails. You can also do some of the most basic things like watching movies and listening to music.
READ: Air Tags Introduction
But speaking of your favorite music and videos, you can store and play them directly on your smartphone. Of course, if you already have a smartphone that is running with Android OS, it is fairly simple and easy to transfer them. With an android device, you just use the familiar file explorer, drag your music or videos on their respective folders and there you go! It is up and running in no time.
On the other hand, transferring music and videos to a smartphone running with iOS is a very different story. While it is possible to do so, it is somehow a very confusing and long process to do so. Apple may have wanted this one primarily exclusive from everything else. But not to worry my friend, there are many options out there already that you can use to make this process simpler yet produces the good result.
Today, I’m going to show how you can download music and video to your favorite iPhone and iPad devices. Once you followed these steps correctly, you’ll be amazed at to what you can finally do with your Apple devices.
Let’s get started.
Download music and videos using iTunes
OK! So, the first one on the list is using Apple’s proprietary application which is the iTunes. Although iTunes is known to be very difficult to use but by following these steps below. You’ll definitely see how easy it is to download music and videos through this particular application.
- Start by opening your iTunes application which should be downloaded and installed already on your preferred computer or laptop.
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad device onto the computer using a good cable. These cables can be found included on every apple device purchased. However, you can use 3rd party cables provided that it has a function to transfer or accept data onto the computer. But we highly recommend utilizing an original cable provided by apple themselves so that we can have a smoother process.
- Once your device is detected by iTunes, it will directly appear on the app itself. But before we move on to downloading your favorite music and videos, go to the ‘Summary’ settings, scroll down until you see the ‘Manually manage music and videos’ checkbox. If that box is not highlighted, highlight it. This will give you permissions to manipulate your music and videos.
Now that you finally have access to your phone’s multimedia storage, let’s add in our music and videos. However, adding music is quite different from adding videos using iTunes.
For Adding Music
- Adding music is much easier than adding video with the iTunes. Just simply go to the ‘Music’ section under settings.
- Then using your windows explorer or any file manager, drag your desired music into the folder. The iPhone and the iTunes will automatically sync and add the music to your library.
- If iTunes did not sync your music, just simply press the ‘Sync or Apply’ button under the belt
For Adding Videos
- For adding videos, it is rather a different story. First, head to the ‘Movies’ section and then on the upper-left corner of your iTunes application, click the ‘File’ then choose either ‘Add File to Library’ or ‘Add Folder to Library’. This will bring out a file explorer to which it you can choose your desired videos to add to the iPhone or iPad.
- Afterwards, once all the movies are situated inside the movies section. Check if the ‘Sync Movies’ is checked, otherwise, make it highlighted. This will tell iTunes that it will need to sync the movies inside.
- Finally, click the ‘Apply’ button located on the bottom-right corner of the iTunes application. This will automatically add and sync your movies to your iPhone or iPad.
You can find your favorite movies and music on the Apple Movies and Apple Music applications respectively. The apps are usually built-in the app but otherwise, you can download it for free on the Apps Store.
Download music and videos using 3rd party applications
This particular 3rd party app is what I would refer to is the ‘Syncios’ application. This is available on Windows and Mac for FREE. This is used to manage files within both Apple and Android. To sync our movies and music, we have to follow these awesome steps below.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad onto your computer with the Syncios up and running. This will detect the device and makes an appearance inside the application.
- Go to the ‘Media’ section, from there you can simply drag and drop your favorite music and videos and Syncios will automatically add it safely to your iPhone or iPad’s library.
- You can drag it from the file explorer either in single files or in folder form.
This is easily one of the most flexible application capable of handling and managing data of iPhone and iPad. This is a tool that it is worth having inside your computer that works really well and efficient.
And there you have it! These are the ways on how you can download music and video to you favorite iPhone and iPad device. So far it is somehow a little complicated at start but once you get the hang of it, you’ll definitely find it easy and not so bad. Hopefully Apple eventually find and create an easier way of doing this, but these methods will work for now and in the future.
If you have any suggestions and further advices on how to do this, please let me know. Also, you can share your experiences too when using these methods mentioned above.