Wondering what does AppleCare+ for AirPods cover? Well, you’re at the right place as we’ll tell you all about AppleCare for AirPods, what it covers and not covered, cost comparison, and a lot more. Read further to know more about it.
AirPods are one of the fanciest gadgets introduced by Apple which is definitely expensive. There’s no doubt that it’s extremely useful and covers the value for money aspect but since it’s a gadget, it’s prone to damage.
Any gadget that is damaged or faced with hardware/technical issues needs a great amount of money for repairs. It’s also a hassle for the owner to find the right choice of repair options and services.
What Does AppleCare+ For AirPods Cover?
AppleCare+ for AirPods is an extended warranty by a year where it covers the AirPods, it’s charging case, battery service retaining less than 80% etc. It covers two accidental damages every 12 months, and each incident of accidental damage service will cost an excess free of £25. You can also have a 24/7 priority access to technical support through phone calls or chat, carry in-repair service at Apple Store as well as express replacement services.
I had faced a similar issue with my AirPods last year when one of the earbuds stopped working and I had no AppleCare+ coverage. It cost a lot of money to repair my set without the coverage. So when I upgraded to AirPods Pro, I made sure to buy AppleCare+ coverage to cut out extra cost, extend the warranty, and avail lots of other benefits.
If you too want to enjoy your expensive AirPods for a longer period of time then you should surely invest a little and get AppleCare coverage. We have a list of other reasons why it’s worth getting the coverage. Let’s discuss them below:
Recommended Read: How To Contact Apple Online Live Support
What Does AppleCare+ For AirPods Cover: Summary
What Does AppleCare+ For AirPods Cover?
What is AppleCare+?
AppleCare+ is Apple’s warranty extension and technical assistance plan for the device you bought. The AppleCare+ plan extends the device’s warranty by a year, provides 90 days of technical support, and covers two accidental damage repairs at a reduced cost every year.
You’ll need to buy AppleCare+ coverage within 60 days of the purchase of your device. It costs £25 and the plan lasts for about 2 years. You can also renew the plan
What AppleCare+ Covers For AirPods
Here are a few things that AppleCare+ covers:
- Extended warranty by a year.
- AirPods and its charging case that is used to keep the AirPods.
- Battery service coverage if it’s maintaining less than 80% of its original battery capacity. You’ll be able to replace or get your battery serviced according to its condition.
- Coverage for two accidental damages every 12 months, and each incident of accidental damage service will cost an excess free of £25.
- 24/7 priority access to technical support through phone calls or chat. You’ll be able to ask any expert question related to your AirPods, the issue that you’re facing, and seek support for resolving the issue. For example, AirPods not connecting to your MacBook or iPhone.
- AppleCare+ also covers carry-in repair service where you can take your AirPods for repair in Apple Store or any other authorized service center.
- It also provides Express Replacement Service as well. While your AirPods are getting repaired or serviced, Apple will ship an alternative device so that you don’t have to wait till your device is being repaired. You’ll receive the replacement in about a week.
Recommended Read: How To Find Your AirPods If They Are Offline
What are the Exclusions: AppleCare+ for AirPods
While the AppleCare+ covers a lot of damage and repair services, some situational damages don’t fall under their coverage. Also note that, If you decided to buy your AirPods in a different country, Apple may not be able to provide service for them outside of that country.
I encountered a huge problem when I bought my AirPods from the UK and after temporarily shifting to the US, my AirPods were facing some connectivity issues. Upon contacting Apple, the support team informed me that the services are only valid in the country where the products are purchased.
Here’s what’s not covered in AppleCare+ for AirPods:
- AppleCare+ doesn’t cover cosmetic damage which means that if the functionality is not harmed and only the body is affected, it won’t be covered.
- It also doesn’t include preventive maintenance. Preventive maintenance means routine maintenance of a device to keep it running smoothly and prevent costly failures.
- It doesn’t replace lost or stolen AirPods.
- AppleCare+ also doesn’t cover damages caused by intentional conduct or recklessness.
- No coverage on damages caused by fire or earthquakes.
Comparing Cost of AppleCare+ vs No Warranty AirPods
Let’s draw a quick comparison between the price difference of AppleCare+ vs No warranty AirPods and see if if you actually save a good amount of money or not. We’ll check out the comparison between AirPods Pro prices, AirPods prices as well as battery services.
AirPods Pro Damage
|AirPods Pro||No warranty included||AppleCare+ fee (for each accidental damage)|
|AirPods Pro||£69 each||£25|
|Wireless Charging Case for AirPods Pro||£69||£25|
|AirPods||No Warranty included||AppleCare+ fee (for each accidental damage)|
|Wireless Charging Case||£69||£25|
Battery Service of AirPods
|AirPods||Battery Service fee (without warranty)||Fee Covered by AppleCare+|
|All AirPods||£49 each||No extra fee|
|Charging case wireless or otherwise||£49||No extra fee|
How to Buy AppleCare+ for AirPods
Buying AppleCare+ for AirPods is a great idea if you’re planning to use it for longer time and also reduce your cost to get them repaired. There different ways you get get AppleCare+ for your AirPods, check them out below:
- You can purchase AppleCare+ extended warranty along with your AirPods.
- If you’re confused about getting AppleCare+ for your AirPods at the time of buying the device, don’t worry. You can purchase AppleCare+ extended warranty within 60 days of your purchase of AirPods. To purchase after 60 days, go to Settings on your paired iPhone or iPad and go to Bluetooth, Further click on the ⓘ button for your AirPods.
- There are two ways of purchasing AppleCare+ for your AirPods: online or in-store.
- You’ll need to provide the full proof of purchase of your AirPods with bills, receipts and other documents like warranty. Your AirPods will be inspected by the technical team and once it’s cleared, you’ll be provided with AppleCare+ extended warranty coverage. For this, you can visit the website and find a plan suitable for your device.
- You can also call at 800-275-2273 to purchase AppleCare+. Keep the proof of purchase, bills, receipts and warranty card handy before calling.
Advantages & Disadvantages of AppleCare+ for your AirPods
Advantages of Having AppleCare+ for your AirPods
- The AppleCare+ extended warranty is cheap and covers a lot of benefits.
- You can get your battery serviced without any cost.
- Shipping your damaged AirPods will also not cost you anything.
- Accidental damages will only cost £25 each time (can be used twice in 12 months period). It’s extremely costly to get accidental damages without AppleCare+
- You also don’t have to wait for long time to get replacement for your AirPods when it’s gone for repair or servicing.
Disadvantages of Having AppleCare+ for your AirPods
There aren’t a lot of disadvantages of having AppleCare+, it’s mostly a win-win situation. The only disadvantage is that it doesn’t cover lost or stolen case for AirPods.
Does AppleCare+ cover water damage on AirPods?
In case of water damage, you’ll need to get your AirPods repaired or replaced but both AppleCare+ as well as normal warranty don’t cover water damage.
Does AppleCare+ cover scratches on AirPods?
Scratches on AirPods will be covered under the incident of accidental damages. In case you’re planning to get your AirPods repaired for scratches, you’ll have to pay an excess fee of £25 and only 2 of the accidental damages can be availed under AppleCare+ for AirPods every 12 months.
Can you purchase AppleCare+ for AirPods later?
You can purchase AppleCare+ for AirPods within 60 days of the purchase of your device. It can be purchased online, at Apple Store or by calling 800-275-2273. Make sure to keep all your bills, receipts and warranty card handy.
How much is AppleCare+ for AirPods?
AppleCare+ for AirPods cost £25 in the UK. It covers accidental damages with an access fee of £25 twice a year, battery services as well as provides 24/7 personal access to technical support via call or chat. AppleCare+ is also services battery retaining less than 80%.
What does AppleCare+ not cover?
AppleCare+ doesn’t cover cases of theft or loss incidents. In those cases, you’ll have to buy a replacement in full cost.
AirPods are gadgets that are prone to getting accidental damages like scratches, draining battery, damages, etc. Hence, AppleCare+ is one of the best investments to keep your AirPods safe and free of damage. It’s extremely helpful till the time you lose it or if it gets stolen because those aren’t covered under the extended warranty plan.
Hope the article about AppleCare+ and it’s plan was insightful for you.
- How To Contact Apple Online Live Support
- How Apple Trade-In Works in the UK
- What Is The UK Apple Student Discount
Based out of the UK, Pat is the youngest member of TheMiniBlog family and comes with extensive experience in all things Mini. He has been reviewing products for a while now and is well versed in everything related to mini gear and technology.