I’m heading out for college this year and I’m super excited to start this new part of my life and with this new start, I need an Apple MacBook to support me through this journey for all my projects and applications that are iOS based.
As you know Apple products don’t come cheap, but Apple has made an exception for young individuals and teachers who require their technology and products to bring out the best in them.
Apple has created the Apple educational store just for this reason to support students and teachers looking to invest in their products. They help them by providing discounts on all their products making them affordable.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to avail these Apple Student Discounts and all there is to know about the Apple Education center.
Recommended Read: How Apple Trade-In Works in the UK
What you need to know?
What Is The UK Apple Student Discount
The discount that Apple offers students isn’t just one universal discount. They set a different price for every product range. Most of the discounts are available only for their MacBooks, iPad and iMac.
There are no discounts offered for the iPhone, Apple Watch or Apple TV. There are no discounts for accessories like the magic mouse or keyboard. Check out best UK iPAD deals here.
Who is Eligible for the Apple Student Discount in the UK?
Apple has three categories of students that qualify for their exclusive student discount.
- Students who are pursuing their higher education.
- People who are purchasing Apple products for educational institutions.
- Parents who want to buy Apple products for their kids for their education.
In the UK Apple has clearly mentioned in their terms and conditions that the below groups are eligible for the student discount at the Apple Education Store.
- Employees of any education institution in the UK – If you are an employee of a public or private education institution in the UK, you are eligible for the student discount.
- Students doing their Post-secondary Education in the UK – If you are a student attending or has been accepted into a post-secondary education institution in the UK. You will be eligible for the student discount.
- Post-secondary students parents in the UK – If you are a parent purchasing on behalf of your children, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private post-secondary education institution in the UK. The parent will be eligible to redeem the student discount for the purchase.
Also, the discount is provided to people who work in an educational environment as well, so it’s not limited to just teachers and lectures. They cover people who work in the school’s administration and other members of the staff that are associated with the school.
In simple terms, if you work for a school, college or any educational institution, congrats you are eligible for their discount.
Read on: How to trade in UK iPhone
After Checking My Eligibility, How Do I Avail My Student Discount?
Once you’ve confirmed that you qualify for the educational discount, here’s how you go about applying the discount while you purchase it.
It is easy to think that you just need to visit the Apple Education Store and find the product you want at a discounted price. But before you do that you need to verify that you are a genuine student in order for you to even access the Apple Education Store.
Each country has a different way of going about this, I’m going to show how it’s done here in the UK.
What is the UK Apple Student Discount on Mac’s?
You can save plenty on a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, iMac Pro or Mac mini.
Check out the UK Apple Education Store by clicking here. You can also get a discount on the Apple Display XDR from the Apple educational store which is huge up for graphic designers and architects.
Below are the discounts available for the starting range of Macs, you can get bigger discounts on the top-end models.
- The 24 inch iMac is available at retail for £1,124.40 – you can get a £124.60 student discount.
- The MacBook Pro is available at retail for £1,168.80 – you can get a £130.20 student discount.
- The MacBook Air is available at retail for £898.80 – you can get a £100.20 student discount.
- The Mac Mini is available at retail for £628.80 – you can get a £70.20 student discount.
- The Mac Pro is available at retail for £4,948.80 – you can get a £550.20 student discount.
Keep in mind that you will also be able to get better discounts if you purchase your Apple product from local stores that have sales going on. So checking around before opting for the exclusive student discount.
What is the Apple Student Discount on iPad’s?
There are student discounts available on iPads that include the new iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPad Air and iPad available at the Apple Education Store.
In the UK Apple stores, you can get a minimum of 70-80 pounds on the top end models; the rest is mentioned below.
- The iPad Mini is available at retail for £379.20 – you can get a student discount of £19.80.
- The iPad Pro is available at retail for £711.60 – you can get a student discount of £36.40.
- The iPad Air is available at retail for £535.20 – you can get a student discount of £43.80.
- The iPad is available at retail for £309.60 – you can get a student discount of £19.40.
Avail Student Discounts on Apple Music and Apple TV+
Apple offers students a 50% subscription discount for those who are in full-time education. This summer Apple has spiced up the deal as they included Apple TV+ as well.
You get three months of free Apple music subscription along with your purchase so use that up first before availing of the discounted student subscription.
The student discount provided lowers the monthly subscription amount from £9.99/$9.99 to £4.99/$4.99. Which is basically half off with the Apple TV+ bundle for free. This is an amazing deal for students.
To get the discount you need to provide information proving that you are enrolled at a university or college that is eligible for the discount.
For more details visit the Apple website.
Processing Your Apple Student Discount in the UK
- First, you need to access the UK Apple Education Site, you can do that by clicking here.
- Now that you’re on the site, you will be prompted to sign up for the student discount website.
- UNiDays is the website you’ll have to sign up for to access Apple’s educational discounts.
- Also, UK customers can verify their student status by going through the verification service by Student Beans. Which is an alternate for Unidays
- You will need to provide your email address and a password to go with it, with your personal info like name, the institution you are currently studying in, the subjects you’ve chosen as your main, the amount of years you’ve already completed, and how much of the course length is left.
- After feeling all of this up, you’ll be done with the registration process.
- You will be asked to sign in again after.
- Now you will be able to avail the discounts after you’ve been verified by the sites.
- If you can’t or don’t want to register for the verification through these sites. You can get in touch with Apple via chat, call or visit the closest Apple store with your student information to get the verification done there.
Related: iPhone 12 cost in UK
Purchasing Apple Products for your School Using the Student Discount
If you are in the administration of a school, college or any educational institution and are in charge of procuring new Apple computers or iPads for the institution. Then you will need to go to a different store to get a discount on those products.
This store is specifically set up for purchasing new Macs and iPads for educational institutions that are setting up these computers for the students to use in the education premises.
- You will need to visit the UK Apple Store for Schools and Universities to avail of the discount.
- Once you are on the site you’ll need to search for the Educational Institution that you are procuring the computers for.
- Enter your institution’s details.
- Click on search.
- Once your institution is found you will be able to sign in to access your institution’s store.
- If you don’t have the login info, you will need to register before going through this process.
- You can register your institution on the site to be able to enter the store.
If your school, college or other institution was not found then you need to get in touch with Apple to discuss registering your school.
What is the limit to buying Apple products using the Student Discount?
Whether you’re a student, parent of a student or a member of the teaching staff, you’re only permitted a certain limit of purchases during the academic year.
Here’s what you can buy with your Apple Student Discount in the UK along with the limit per item.
- MacBook x 1
- Mac x 1
- Mac Mini x 1
- iPad x 2
- Software x 2 per title
Please note the listed products must be purchased online or at an authorized Apple store. The limit will not be affected by where you plan to purchase the products.
When you complete an academic year, you can again purchase the said amount again with the Apple student discount. However, if you want to buy other products or accessories not listed above, there is no limit and also the said discount won’t be applied.
The Apple Student Discount in the UK is a truly beneficial deal that any student or parent of a student can avail. The quality of the products are A-grade and their prices with the student discounts are extremely reasonable.
I hope this article has helped you understand how Apple Student Discounts work in the UK.
- Will UK Apple TV Work in the US or Abroad?
- How to Create an Apple ID in the UK
- How Apple Trade-In Works in the UK
Based out of the UK, Pat is the youngest member of TheMiniBlog family and comes with extensive experience in all things Mini. He has been reviewing products for a while now and is well versed in everything related to mini gear and technology.