Are you looking for a smartwatch to partner with your smartphone? The good news is, there are already lots of brands and styles of smartwatches in the market today. However, if you don’t know much about the device, you may be misled and buy one that does not match your needs.
The Apple Watch series of smartwatches are the current benchmark when it comes to quality and usability. However, they may be too costly for you. But don’t despair as there are other devices out there which are more affordable and also of good quality. In this article, we will review some of these smartwatches for you.
Tips in Choosing Your Smartwatch
Before anything else, let us first discuss the qualities and features you should look for in a smartwatch. You should make sure your device will be compatible with your smartphone and has other features that benefit your health and activities as the Apple watches do. Here are some qualities and characteristics of a useful smartwatch:
- Compatibility with your devices – Manufacturers design their smartwatches as companion devices to smartphones. When you are buying one, make sure it is compatible with your phone.
- Interfaces – When choosing a smartwatch, make sure that its user interface is user-friendly. Select a watch with a display large enough for you to quickly press and navigate. Also, ensure that its gesture-based interfaces are responsive.
- Design – Select a watch with a design fitting your personality and style. You should opt for a device with lots of personalization options. It will allow you to personalize the look of your watch based on your mood.
- Display – Almost all smartwatches come with either LCD or AMOLED displays. These screens allow you to view your apps, photos, and other content in vivid colors. However, they will affect your watch’s battery life.
- Alerts and notifications – Your device should have a dependable alert system for emails, incoming calls, and text messages. Look also for smartwatches that can integrate with social networks like Facebook and Twitter for you to access notifications from the sites.
- Apps – Several smartwatch models already have hundreds or even thousands of installed apps like Uber, Seamless, and MapMyRun. However, when choosing a watch, you should select one that fits your needs and your budget. Make sure it has the apps you regularly use, like heart rate monitoring, GPS, calling, and mobile payments.
- Battery life and charging – When buying a smartwatch, you should ask the sales staff how long its battery lasts between charging. The life of the battery, however, depends mainly on how you use your device. You should also determine whether you want a watch with wireless charging capability or with a wired charger.
Best Smartwatch Alternatives to Apple Watch: A Review
You already know the features and qualities of a useful smartwatch. Now let us review some models for you:
#1 – LIGE Smart Watch for Men
This smartwatch from LIGE comes with a one-touch operating mode. It features a high-precision optical sensor for accurate monitoring of your heart rate, calories burned, and other data. The watch is also waterproof and comes with a smart bracelet and a colorful screen. LIGE offers a one-year warranty for the watch.
#2 – Doolnng Smart Watch
If you are looking for a smartwatch with techy design, you may want to look at this watch. It has so many functions like sleep tracker, call reminder, message reminder, and heart rate monitoring. You can also use the watch to take pictures.
The device can also receive messages from social media sites like Facebook, WeChat, QQ, and Whatsapp. The manufacturer offers a 60-day buyer protection for the product. However, the watch is not water-proofed, so you should take it off your wrist when you go swimming or take a bath.
#3 – DeaGea T30 Smart Bracelet Watch
This sporty smartwatch from DeaGea comes with many features like heart rate monitor, blue-tooth compatibility, calorie meter, and sleep monitor. Moreover, the device features a 0.96-inch high-definition (HD) color touch screen for easier navigation.
The watch can receive notifications from social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. It also has an IP68 waterproofing level, so you can use it while swimming. You can also take pictures using the smartwatch. Finally, the product comes with a 60-day buyer protection guarantee from its manufacturer.
Read also: Cheap Apple Watch Straps
#4 – DT88 Smartwatch for Men, Women, and Kids
If you are a sports-minded person, this smart fitness tracker watch could be the one for you. This wearable device has an IP68 waterproofing level, so you can use it anytime and anywhere.
This stylish watch features a curved, high-definition color screen to provide you with a special visual experience. Among its various features are heart rate and blood pressure monitors, multiple sports modes, sleep monitor, remote photograph, and music control. The watch also comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee from its manufacturer.
#5 – Huawei Honor Watch Magic SmartWatch
This watch from Huawei features colorful multiple dials, an AMOLED touch screen, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and heart rate monitor. The device also comes in different colors and styles, so you can choose the one that fits your personality.
Huawei’s excellent workmanship and focus on manufacturing quality products are very evident in this watch. This waterproof device has nearly all the features of a smartwatch in the market today, like GPS, call and messaging capabilities, as well as blue-tooth compatibility. The company offers a 60-day buyer protection guarantee for this product.
#6 – Timewolf SmartWatch for Men
This smartwatch for men features a minimalist design with stainless steel and other advanced metals as materials. It also features innovative interactive technology to ensure optimal performance. The watch is compatible with both Android and iOS smartphones.
Specifically designed for men, the smartwatch comes with several features like a 1.2-inch high-definition full-circle screen, interchangeable straps, and multiple watch faces. Its manufacturer focuses on monitoring its user’s health with apps like ECG monitor, heart monitor, and blood pressure monitor.
Furthermore, the watch comes with multiple sports modes for various indoor, outdoor, and training activities. The manufacturer also offers a 60-day buyer protection guarantee for the device.