The Apple AirPods is perhaps one of the most innovative products that Apple has made. It has really revolutionized the market for wireless headphones and earphones due to its small, compact and powerful package. But there are some instances where you can misplace these earphones due to their size, and you may wonder how to find your AirPods if they are offline.
Usually, wireless headphones are made to be bulky, sometimes prone to snapping in half (if you are not careful), but with the Apple AirPods, you can just simply drop it into the included protective case, and you are on your way.
It was first released in 2016 and it is currently being sold today at your favorite Apple stores along with the more expensive and premium looking Apple AirPods Pro (which is released in 2019).
At first, people weren’t so sure about this model as they are used to having the messy, wired versions of their earbuds lugged around their bags but as time goes by, people got hooked to it and most people you may probably see around your neighborhood has one on their ears.
However, despite being a great and innovative product that apple made, one design flaw that people who owns one of these may face the risks of losing it. This can come in many situations like losing one of the earbuds, the AirPods case and more.
This is especially true even for any other wireless earbuds other than Apple.
Finding you AirPods
So, what can I do if lost Apple AirPods? Fortunately, that question can be answered clearly now my friend and I’m going to give you some of the well-known solutions to find your wireless Apple AirPods. This will also contain some tips and tricks on how to prevent it from happening.
Today, I’m going to show you the ways on how you can find your lost AirPods and AirPods case.
Helpful Updates from iOS 13 & New Features Included
Ever since the release of iOS 13, Apple has made some significant changes of software features that are worth looking at. They are very important to check it out as it has some of the features that are related to solving and preventing lost AirPods and AirPods case.
The first thing to take a look at is the Find My iPhone App to which it is now supporting AirPods. This bring up the new feature called Find My AirPods.
What is Find My AirPods?
The ‘Find My AirPods’ functions the same as the one you have for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It is basically a tracker. This is a great feature that Apple has made for their users so that users are able to track and retrieve their gadgets if you happen to lose your apple gadget.
To be able to use the ‘Find My AirPods’ feature,
- First we have to go to either the iCloud.com service or the easy way which is to access it on the ‘Find iPhone’ app.
- After opening the application, look for your AirPods on your list of apple devices.
- Now, you are able to see a map where your AirPods is located and in relation to your other devices.
- If there is a green dot next to the AirPods icon, this specially means that your AirPods are near and it is online and connected. This also applies too if your AirPod is far but also online.
- If the case is you left your AirPods but lost its power or battery, the app will still show you the location where they were last when they were turned on. The icon is denoted in a color grey dot rather than a green colored dot. The grey dot means that the AirPods is offline.
- You are able to tap the device’s icon in order to play a sound from your AirPods. It also has an option where you can mute either left or right earbud in order to specify which one you are exactly looking for. Just follow the sound to locate your AirPods.
This is an incredibly useful feature however there are some minor hindrances in certain situations where both AirPods are hidden.
To sum this all up, this particular feature is incredibly useful when it comes to finding and retrieving your AirPods. We can give our thanks for Apple for having this one on our devices. Now here are some of the tips and tricks on how you can prevent your Apple AirPods from going missing.
These practical tips and tricks are incredibly helpful and will not require a lot of things upfront.
Use Find My to Locate AirPods on Your Computer
Using your iPhone to trace your AirPods is by far the easiest method available. But for those who don’t mind using their computer or those who don’t have access to their iPhone then these few steps will surely help you locate your missing AirPods.
- Start by opening your web browser and visit www.icloud.com
- Proceed to sign in with your registered Apple ID and password.
- You may be prompted to key in a verification code that would have been sent to your device, make sure you enter the code correctly.
- Now that you’re in the iCloud menu, locate and tap on Find iPhone. This will take a couple of seconds so make sure not to click on it multiple times.
- After you login with your Apple ID and password, you will be able to see a map on the screen.
- Proceed and click on “All Devices” from the top of the page and select your AirPods from the list.
Once you find your AirPods, you can sign out of your iCloud account and log off your computer.
Play A Sound to Locate your AirPods
Apple AirPods can be located by using the Find My app and by tracing them on the map provided. To make things easier, the app even lets you play sounds on your AirPods just loud enough so you can find them.
You can try these steps if you want to find your missing AirPods using the sound it produces.
- Start by opening the Find My application and navigate to All Devices.
- Proceed to select the AirPods from the list and when the location appears in the map shown on the iPhone, click on Play Sound.
Play Sound will result in there being a sharp noise emitted from your AirPods and will gradually increase for up to 22 minutes. You can play the sound again if you were unable to find them in your first attempt.
Keep it in a Secured Storage
I’m not saying your loose pockets, the best thing you can do is to keep it in your bag all the time especially the case (if you are using the AirPods).
By practicing this habit, you are able to keep your AirPods safe and secure without you worrying about where you last placed it.
Always keep a Good Amount of Battery Charge on your AirPods
This one particularly lines up with the ‘Find My AirPods’ feature. Having just a little bit of juice on your batteries will make the process easier in case you find yourself without the AirPods.
I can say that it maybe harder to find your AirPods if it is offline.
How Do I Find A Single Missing AirPod?
With the AirPods, if you lost both or just one there is just one way to find it. You will have to open Find My AirPod on your iPhone, the app will display one AirPod at a time so you can pick that one up and place it in the case. Now, refresh the app and it will detect the second AirPod. You will have to find your AirPods one at a time, unless they’re both at the same location.
Can I Track My AirPods using their Serial Number?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to locate or trace your AirPods by using the serial number. They can only be found if they’re connected to your Apple account and device.
Why Are My AirPods not Showing Up on Find My?
The thing about Find my is that you can only find your AirPods if you turned on Find My before losing your AirPods. The other instance where you may not be able to view your AirPods on Find My is when the battery levels of the AirPods are completely drained and they’re switched off.
Do AirPods have GPS?
Considering their size, Apple was unable to provide the AirPods with GPS capabilities. However, they were able to use the GPS on the iPhone to act as a dedicated Bluetooth device tracker and provide you with an update on the whereabouts of your AirPods.
So that’s all for today. But before we go, I would like to give one last piece of advice on how you can prevent this from happening ever.
That is to understand the importance and how valuable a gadget is. It is highly recommended that you keep track of it and practice proper handling and storage.
And there we go, the tips and tricks on how to find lost AirPods and AirPods case. If this tips and tricks helped you well on your journey, please let me know what your experiences about it and what are your recommendations and suggestions about it.